top of page
  • Do I need an appointment?
    Nope! You can come any time and we help customers on a first-come, first-serve basis. Most cars are done in under 10 minutes.
  • What do I need to bring?
    Please bring your vehicle registration. Associated registration fees are required to complete any renewal transaction.
  • Do you test diesel trucks?
    Yes! We can test diesel trucks. Emissions testing is required for trucks that are 1998 and newer, and have a weight (GVWR) of less than 14,000 lbs.
  • What is On The SPOT Registration Renewal?
    On The SPOT is a Department of Motor Vehicles program that allows you to renew your registration and get your new sticker through Easy Emissions instead of going to the DMV or getting it online/by mail and waiting for it to arrive. To renew your registration you will have to pay your annual state taxes and fees. Because we are authorized to distribute registration stickers on behalf of the DMV we are able to use their website to facilitate the process. This process can only be completed via debit or credit card. Once completed we will apply your sticker, showing that your car's registration is current. Yay!
  • How do I pay my state taxes for registration renewal?
    We are authorized to distribute registration stickers on behalf of the Department of Motor Vehicles. Because we use their website to facilitate the process, the transcation can only be completed via debit or credit card.
  • What hours are you open?
    We are open 8:00-6:00 Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday.
  • How long does the emissions test take?
    Most cars can be tested and registered in less than 10 minutes. Cars that are 1995 and older require a Two-Speed Idle test, which can take up to 30 minutes.
  • Do I still have to pay if my car fails the test?
    Yes. We will retest your car for free if you bring it back within two weeks.
  • Do you offer discounts?
    Yes! Please check out our Coupon page for up to date coupons. We offer a $6 discount on emission tests for Veterans and Hill Air Force Base employees year round! Please show valid ID before your test.
  • How much does an emissions test and registration cost?
    We charge $40 for an emissions test and $10 for registration renewal.
  • Do you take cash or credit cards?
    We accept cash or debit/credit cards to pay for emissions testing and our registration renewal fee.
  • If my check engine light is on, can my car still pass?
    Unfortunately, a check engine light will always cause your car to fail the emissions inspection. A mechanic can help you figure out the cause of the check engine light.
  • What vehicle years need an inspection?
    This depends on the current calendar year. See our pricing page for a convenient table!
  • Do you test motor homes?
    Unfortunately, most motorhomes are too tall to fit into our 8-foot inspection bays, so we can't test them. Sorry!
  • Can you renew registration for recreational vehicles?
    Unfortunately, the DMV has stopped letting newer stations do registration for recreational vehicles. Since we opened just a few years ago, they didn't let us get set up to do that type of registration.
  • Do you take apple pay?
  • I just moved to Utah from another state. What do I need to do to get my car registered?
    1. To be registered in Davis County, most cars need an emissions inspection. Check our pricing page to see if your car needs an emissions inspection. 2. If you determine that your car does need an inspection, we can help you with that. Please bring your vehicle registration from the previous state. 3. After you pass the emissions inspection, then you will need to go to the DMV to complete the registration. In subsequent years, we will be able to help you with the registration renewal, but the first year it must be done at the DMV.
  • My registration is past due, can I still do On The Spot registration with you?
    If your vehicle registration is less than 9 months past due, then we can help you renew your registration with On The Spot. However, if your registration is 9 months or more overdue, you will have to go to the DMV to renew your registration.
Layton Easy Emissions
bottom of page